Friday, November 14, 2014

Is Anyone As Busy Or Busier Than Me?

Motherhood is a wonderful journey. I have always been kept busy by my children. The real challenge comes when a mother is also a working one. Recently, I was given a teaching assignment for five days. I took it up since I did not have any morning appointments or meetings scheduled in that week. It was fun but it was tiring too. After teaching, on some days, I had to go back to my own office to do some work. When I reached home, it was time to tend to my children's dinner, laundry, ironing for the next day's outfits for the whole family, etc. When my teaching assignment ended, it was time to focus on my sons' prom nite preparation. Didn't know that boys can be as fussy as girls. I thought it was just about shirts, pants, blazers and ties. But I thought wrong. Haha... The colour mix-and-match part, the cutting of the blazer, one button or two buttons, to wear necktie or bowtie... And the list goes on. I don't deny that I had fun in being the chaperone for my son's shopping. As for my second son, he is in the organising committee for his school's prom. It may not be his prom year yet, but he is enthusiastic about what to wear too. My third son, who is only 12 years old, also had a prom nite across the Causeway in a 4-star hotel ballroom. Kids nowadays are really lucky. I am grateful that my children are very understanding of the fact that it is year-end and I have started to be very busy with clients. However, my second and youngest children still have activities in school; at least, till end this month. It means that my working hours will still centre around my daughter's timings. This is the advantage of working flexi-hours and I cannot see myself working in a fixed-hour environment at all. Today, my third son is attending his school's musical nite. Tomorrow, he will be competing in the local futsal tournament. Next Friday, he will get his PSLE result. My little man is going into his next phase of life. To a new school. To a new environment. Alhamdulillah. Time to log off now. Need to get ready to meet my other half for a dinner date :-)

No comments: