Sigh...When I looked at the date of my last posting, it was more than two months ago. I asked myself if I have been soooo busy to update or have I been lazy? I think I've been both!
It would be a BIG lie if I say there hasn't been much things happening in the past two months. Firstly, I went to Bangkok with Dear twice; once on 7-10 Feb and the next one was on 27-30 Mar. I was back to work on 31 Mar and half-a-day's work on 1 Apr before we left for KL with our kids for a weekend getaway. I purposely decided to leave on the evening of 1 Apr because I didn't wanna get stuck at the check-point with many other travellers as it was Good Friday and thus, explained the long weekend.
Secondly, my ex-maid, Wanti, went back to kampung on 26 Feb after finishing her 2 years' contract. She didn't wanna continue because her husband has bought a rice field and he needed her to help with harvesting. Of course, there was another reason which strengthened her heart and mind not to continue with me. It's got something to do with the Empress...On 4 Mar, my new maid began work with me. She's a petite 23-year-old gal, single, and her only work experience as a domestic help was in Jakarta for 2 years. Well, I thought that was good enough. After all, 4 of my 5 previous maids were all inexperienced maids. I taught all of them from scratch with lots of patience and perseverance...My new maid has got an attitude problem. Juz barely two days with us, she already tried to assert her attitude. By the third day, she left a very bad after-taste and bad impression on Kak Long. Kak Long got terrible migraine attacks because of this gal's habit of talking back and playing wayang. Wayang, as in, when I'm around, she will find things to do and make herself very busy but when I'm not around, she sits down doing nothing (not even reading) most of the time. Mengelap ke mana, mencuci ke mana, meng-iron ke mana...Duduk aje termenung kat dapur. SIGH!!!...Now, to make things worse at home, she is now on Empress' radar of verbal abuse. This has been on-going since last two weeks. I didn't know, neither did Kak Long. But one day, two weeks ago, she couldn't take it anymore that she cried.
To make the story short...With her work attitude and wayang-ness plus worry about Empress' safety, I decided to choose a new maid and send her back to the maid agency. It's re-training all over again. As I've said, I have had 4 inexperienced maids before and I trained them from scratch with patience and perseverance. Bodoh boleh belajar, lembap boleh jadi cepat kalau hari-hari buat kerja yang sama...Tapi attitude problem tak boleh kita ubahkan melainkan si empunya diri yang nak berubah. This change of attitude applies to Empress too. As long as she keeps on comparing any new maid that comes with my previous one and my brother's ex-maid, I can change 10 maids but Empress will still have trouble getting along. It's all about ATTITUDE.
1 comment:
Liz.. first time kak t saw yr Empress at yr old hse masa time raya.. Wajah dia ayu sakali and tak tau yang dia nya Garang..
Anyway suka when u use the word Empress to describe yr mum..
My mum was once an Empress but now she my angel.. :)
Tq .. for a wonderfull lunch date tadi hehehe.. best!!!!
InsyaAllah ada rezeki kita make a plan lagi.
Post a Comment