When I was in Bangkok, I didn't feel like coming back! The pace of life, the politeness of their people, etc., made me felt so happy and relaxed. But of course, that was juz a fantasy. My 4 kids were waiting impatiently for me and Dear to come back, to be with them, to be by their sides.
7 Feb 2010 - We took Tiger Airways from Singapore at 0710hrs. With a little bit of delay, the flight touched down at Suvarnabhumi Airport at 0900hrs, Thai time. We boarded a cab to Hotel Grand Millenium Sukhumvit. Upon check-in, our room wasn't ready, so we left our luggage and walked to Usman Restaurant for our early lunch. It was a sumptuous Thai spread...By noon, we got to our room (we were upgraded to an executive floor room). After resting for an hour, we left for Chatuchak weekend market. With more than 15,000 stalls, it was impossible to visit everyone of them. After spending almost 4 hours there, my legs really gave way and we took the BTS (skyway) to MBK shopping centre to have our dinner and back to the hotel as Dear had to report for event set-up at 10pm.
8 Feb 2010 - Dear left for work at 8am. I stayed in the hotel room alone, juz lazing around doing nothing. Blissful...By noon, I was ready to go out. Took the BTS to Siam station to go to the shopping malls in Bangkok's Orchard Rd. Met Dear at 1.30pm, we had lunch at Siam Paragon, and did some shopping before walking to Pratunam for some flea-market shopping. We did foot-reflexology at S$8.40 per pax for an hour, after which, we hopped next door for an Indian dinner. After dinner, we walked to The Platinum Mall for some more shopping before sitting inside Swensen's to indulge in Sticky Chewy Choc sundae. It was juz S$3.60. So cheapppp!
9 Feb 2010 - Had wanted to swim at the hotel pool. Unfortunately, when we got to the pool, it was a major disappointment (even a monsoon drain is bigger). We didn't expect that in a 5-star hotel. So, we took a shower and went to Central World for lunch and shopping. After that, we went to Pratunam again to buy some more clothes for our kids before we took boat ride along Chao Phraya river. Ticket was at S$0.55 per pax. We took a 30-min ride to Khao San. Nothing there, except lots of Caucasian backpackers who were so absorbed in cheap beer, cheap food and cheap accommodation. After walking around for about one hour, we took the boat back to where we came from, then took the BTS to visit Patpong.
10 Feb 2010 - We had a 2-hour scrub and massage appointment at Indara Spa. I had wanted to do the 3.5-hour spa but Dear felt that it was too long. That was my only regret. Cos the 3.5-hour one would have made me felt more rejuvenated. I did this in Feb 2008...Anyway, after the massage, we went for lunch at Usman's again before going back to the hotel to pack up. As we got a late check-out at 4pm, we left the hotel at 4.30pm, took a cab and left for the airport. Upon reaching airport, our airline counter wasn't opened for checking-in yet, so, we went to a cafe to have a drink. At 5.45pm, we queued, checked-in and started our shopping spree inside DFS.
I don't know why...I didn't have any problem sitting inside a Tiger Airways plane for my Phuket trip in May 2009. But somehow, when coming back from Bangkok, I felt so space-challenged and was seated so umcomfortably throughout the 2-hour journey back to Singapore. I didn't dare to tell my husband cos I didn't want him to feel bad for making us take Tiger Airways instead of the originally-booked Thai Airways.
No comments:
Post a Comment