Kak Long assured me that my kids will be alright in her good hands together with the maid. She encouraged me to go and not hesitate. So, on Thursday, I gave Dear my decision and he told me to book the first flight out and the last flight in. Only later in evening, he told me the actual reason...He has been requested to handle an event juz like in Feb 2008. The only difference is that this time round, he was given cash to make personal arrangements for flight and accommodation. In 2008, all was taken care of. SQ flight, 5-star hotel, 5-star breakfast and dinner, etc. And when I decided to fly in to Bangkok on that same evening, all I had to fork out was my air-fare and travel insurance. Even shopping money was taken care of. But that was Feb 2008. Now, it's different. Now, my air-fare is within the cash pay-out too. Not forgetting the shopping money. Isn't it blissful?
For this trip, after surveying the 3 budget airlines, SQ and TG, we firstly decided to take TG because the air-fare was reasonable and the timing was good. Budget airlines have funny timings. This was Thursday...But when I checked Tiger Airways' website again on Sunday, I was excited to see the flight timing that we wanted and immediately booked and paid online. I sent an e-mail to my travel agent to ask her to cancel my TG seats which she had blocked for me since Friday. So, we saved $156 on air-fare. That would get us an extra 3600 Baht. Hehehehe...As for hotel, we booked 5-star because Dear has staff rate and also because it is very convenient for him to travel to his event. Both the BTS and MRT stations are juz few steps away from our accommodation. BEST!
Bangkok...Here we come again. I'm not a major shopping fan but I am so looking forward to the spa and the many foot-reflexology sessions. This time round, I will be able to visit the famous Chatuchak market and also make time to visit Silom, the Muslim area. Of course, the main reason to visit Silom is to indulge in food-glorious-food. However, I will still get my salmon steak fix at MBK food-court ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment