If you have known me long enough, you will know how I respond to emergencies. I am not juz talking about when one falls sick, meets with an accident, gets beaten up by spouse or whatsoever. The term "Emergency" encompasses all aspects; including when one needs financial help. I am the kind of person who will respond immediately when I have the capacity to help. I don't even ask "For what?". All I ask will be "How much?" and "What bank and account number?"...Somehow, Dear has the same attitude as me too.
Before internet-banking came into my life, I relied solely on ATM machines for transfers. Most times, I did not have money in my POSB account cos my active account has always been UOB. As such, when the party in need only has POSB account, I would go to a UOB ATM machine, make a withdrawal, walked/drove to the nearest DBS or POSB and deposited it into my account before making a transfer to the one in need. I would not do a cash deposit to the party's account directly because by depositing it into my account and then doing the fund transfer, I would have a record via my bank statement.
Now, with internet-banking, immaterial of time, whether it is 7am or 11pm, if someone asks for financial help, if I have, I will drop whatever I do and immediately log on to my internet-banking to do a transfer. I always treat every request as an emergency. Cos I've been in that situation and I know how it feels to be in need of financial help.
So, when I am in need and all I am asking for is for my own money to be returned, I got a "Yes, ok" but till today, now at 4pm, nothing materialises. I'm not asking for all to be returned now. I only want some back for my livelihood; to tide over a few weeks before Dear's payday...Dear and I have helped a lot, till we don't have any spare for ourselves. All because we've been scraping from our savings eversince Dear was unemployed and now, we are at Ground Zero.
No comments:
Post a Comment