Yesterday, I had breakfast at CoffeeBean Jurong Point with my sista love. She belanja me. Syukur Alhamdulillah. Rezeki Allah. Semoga Kak T dan suami sentiasa dimurahkan rezeki dari Nya. Amin...We talked, we laughed, we held our tears quietly about some issues and in the end, we got out of all serious topics and stayed cheerful throughout our outing. What's our outing like, usually? As with all my other close girlfriends, no shopping in the itinerary. It's juz eat, eat, eat and talk, talk, talk. We continued at McD Gek Poh after fetching Aryna and I let my gal have burger for lunch there.
Dear has been out of job officially since 01 Apr 2010. He left the hotel because he could not take the long hours and their total dependency on him anymore. Without any increment which was promised to him since Dec 2009 and with too little time spent with our family, he decided to leave cos he was assured of another job by one his contacts. Better pay, better benefits...But unfortunately, when the time came, it wasn't to be...Meanwhile, he was free-lancing while waiting for the call. Juz any call; for a full-time job. It was agonising because CVs were sent to so many companies and hotels but response were very slow...By early June 2010, he got an offer and accepted it. It was accepted out of desperation as that company was the only one that called with a serious job offer. By second week of June, three offers came in. Well, he didn't quite like the one which he accepted. So, by the time the three offers came, he was spoilt for choices. After reviewing all the packages and the companies' profiles, he accepted the one at a foreign bank...As a wife, what more can I ask for, except to bersyukur cos he not only gets a better salary than the hotel, he also doesn't have to work super-long hours with no OT payment and so much difficulty to claim off-in-lieu and no longer needs to stay overnite at work-place. Now, he's on a 5-day week and office hours. The only setback is that he has to wear office-attire and buy his own lunch. As he has been so used to the uniforms and meals provided by the hotel since so many years ago, he is still adjusting to his current situation. But so far, he's doing ok and all I can say is Syukur Alhamdulillah. Rezeki Allah...I hope he can last forever in this job cos when he changes jobs, saya yang penat tengok dia pergi interview sana-sini dan isi forms sana-sini.
As with all the previous years, July is the month where my company would deduct all my annual premiums for my insurance plans for my family. Thus, July has always been my "broke" month. However, there were some years when my company only did the deduction in August. Up till last nite, I was telling Dear that we have to live with whatever little balance we have, till the day he gets his salary from his previous short-stint job. He has submitted the time-sheet and should be receiving it by next week. I even told him that usually, in July, we would not be so affected by my "brokeness" cos he was still working at the hotel and we could get by with his salary and some savings in our account. But this year, as he was out of job for a few months, whatever little savings that we had were all depleted and wiped off...So, to my surprise, I did a check via phone-banking very early this morning and found some figures in our account. Syukur Alhamdulillah. Rezeki Allah...I need the funds to make new spectacles for my sons as theirs are already damaged through wear-and-tear.
I think I'm gonna stay put as an insurance agent till the day I retire. I've been in this line since Feb 1996; have gone through lots of thick and thin, suka dan duka, shitty clients, nice clients, exams, trainings, etc. It would be a waste to let go juz like that, juz because I refuse to get a new maid. So, I shall persevere and continue to hit my sales quota to maintain my contract, serve my clients diligently as I have always been doing and be the best that I can be to them as their agent.
To those out there, apa lagi? Sign up lah dengan saya. Ditanggung puas hati *winks*...Hehehehe...On a serious note, I am juz helping you to plan for your retirement, to plan for your family's financial readiness in the event of an illness or accident and most importantly, to plan for your family's financial readiness for an on-going survival in the event of your premature death...In short, what I am doing is Fardhu Kifayah.
No comments:
Post a Comment