Thursday, April 24, 2014
Easy-Peasy Dishes
Cooking can be a challenge for a working mum like me. When ideas run dry and knowing that the day is going to be a busy one, I always ask my kids what they want me to cook. Their answers would always be those dishes that would require more than an hour of preparation and cooking; not to mention the washing and cleaning after that. I used to oblige and cook dishes like Rendang and Ayam Masak Merah on a weekday. Quick dishes would be like soupy and stir-fried ones. They are super-quick that I am no longer cooking Rendang and Ayam Masak Merah on weekdays.
(1) Beef with kalian/spinach in oyster sauce
(2) Chap chye
(3) Diced chicken meat Soto soup
(4) Egg and fishball/fishcake in coconut gravy
(5) Stir-fried sawi panjang a la Mee Hongkong gravy
(6) Bittergourd in turmeric powder with egg
(7) Yong Tau Foo soup
(8) Fishball soup with beansprout and spring onion
(9) Sambal (chicken/fishcake/hotdog/batang fish)
(10) Belado (chicken/batang fish)
(11)Airfried potatoes with rosemary and thyme
(12)Airfried turmeric chicken
(13)Butter rice
(13)Sambal fried rice
I have yet to try airfrying salmon fillet but will do it one of these days. Still on the lookout for more easy-peasy dishes to whip up for my other half and kids on weekdays.
There are some days that I work from home with not much follow-ups to attend to. That will be the day that I will include making desserts (depends on my mood).
(1) Puff (hotdog/sardine with cheese)
(2) Brownie
(3) Butter cake
(4) Green bean porridge
(5) Bread and butter pudding
Again, on the lookout for more easy-peasy desserts.
PS: My favourite Burger King's Rendang Beef burger is back! ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment