Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Mummy's Not Cooking
After dear husband went to work at 9am, I decided to open my freezer and see what I could cook today. Among the stuff I have in my freezer this morning, I saw dory fillet and knew what I wanted to cook for lunch. While waiting for the dory to thaw, I prepared the rest of the required ingredients and relaxed with a cup of coffee and reheated Kuih Kasuwi that I baked last Sunday.
At 11am, I switched on my induction cooker. All the lights were blinking continuously even after I pressed the button for my usual cooking mode. After switching off and on again, the same thing was still happening. I concluded that my induction cooker is Out Of Order. Sigh... What a time to be spoilt. I had to make do with my Philips Airfyer to make breaded fish instead. It was my first time making breaded fish without deep-frying it. Alhamdulillah, it came out good and tasted delicious! Most importantly, healthy. I posted a status on my FB about my spoilt induction cooker cos I was hoping for any contact of mine to share alternative cooking ideas with me. True enough, some people responded by telling me that I can cook using the microwave oven and also, the rice cooker. It sounded funny cos I only used the microwave oven to heat up food and used the rice cooker to, of course, cook rice. Only this morning, I tried to use the rice cooker for something other than rice; ie. I used it to steam instant red bean pau for my breakfast.
Thank God, my induction cooker is still under warranty. While waiting to send it for repair, I guess I should just make do with the rice cooker method. Seems interesting. I love to cook for my family. I love it when they go for second or even third helping. My husband eats anything that I cook and on weekends, he will take over the kitchen to whip out whatever Western food he desires. We enjoy his cooking as much too.
Ramadhan is just about a month away. May we all be able to usher in the upcoming Ramadhan in good health, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Amin.
PS: The school holiday is around the corner. 4 wedding invitations, 1 majlis cukur rambut and 1 extended family gathering. Some in Singapore, while some in Malaysia. Am I busy or busy? ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment