Monday, June 02, 2014

Story Of Nutella

Since the past two weeks, some friends in FB has been talking about Nutella spread. As mine was running out, I quickly joined the rush to buy and stock up. For two days in a row, I went to Giant and NTUC Extra, all I found was Nutella in glass jars with no halal logo; Made in Poland. I went home and pre-empted my kids that should there be no more halal-certified Nutella to be bought, our family should make do with peanut butter as replacement. Last Friday, after attending the Parent-Teacher's Meet at my second son's school, I decided to divert to Sheng Siong Supermarket before driving home. I got excited upon seeing the usual halal Nutella. About 20 plus jars were available. I grabbed some happily. Fast-forward to today, Monday, I saw 6 jars left at Sheng Siong. I was contemplating to buy all or to leave some for other Muslim customers who might want to stock up too. I just took two jars and walked away to look for other groceries. I have a total of a few jars of Nutella at home now. The kids must learn to be self-disciplined. Not that I am stingy. No. I am never stingy with food. But since it looks like there may not be anymore halal Nutella for a while in the shops, our stock at home may be able to last us for a few months.
Looking forward to meeting some girlfriends this evening. Meanwhile, it is time to do up some proposals for my clients. I love my job :-)

No comments: