Sunday, October 30, 2005

Ramadhan...going, going....NOT GONE YET..Relax!

I didn't realise that I have not been updating my blog for more than 2 months. Not that I forgot that I have a blog, but I would rather read the blogs of others to unwind myself.

This whole month of Ramadhan, I can count my sales appointments and the number of times I have entered my office with my fingers. I've been in hibernate mode, almost completely shut-down. Ramadhan...What better than to stay at home and...SLEEP...Zzzzz. Puasa pe..lepak lah. But didn't really lepak lah. On and off, I did go to Geylang (in the day), JB and not forgetting, the URS & Elle shoes-warehouse sale! Now I'm looking forward to go to Bossini and Hush Puppies warehouse sales. I believe I can get great bargains for stuff that I need from these kind of sales. Like the two pairs of shoes I bought from the URS sale. I'm not rich lah, that's why I can only afford to make my purchases during warehouse sales. HAHA!

My eldest son, Aqil, has just finished sitting for his final-year exam. I grilled him, drilled him, for the two weeks prior to his exam...Finally, it's over. Now I just hope and pray that his results will not annoy me. Overall, he's been a good boy. He's been fasting. He didn't fast just twice in the early part of Ramadhan. During his exam period, I, being a concerned mother, told him not to wake up at 4.30am for the sahur and need not fast at all cos I was worried he might be too tired to sit for his papers. But he personally wanted to sahur and fast as usual. His second brother, a month-plus more to becoming 6-years-old, also fasts. But this fella, a bit drama in the beginning. I think he didn't fast for 5 or 6 days. Then he got the momentum after that. He's been fasting and performing his solat diligently without me having to remind. I pray that he'll remain like this forever. It's not easy to shuffle my time and energy among 4 children. People think I have an easy life as I have a maid. Yeah..to a certain extent but...Nah...she only reduces my burden of doing housework. She's not that good at handling children. And, I don't know what she has against Aqil. She seems to hate him. It's mutual though. He hates her too. He keeps on pestering me to send her back and get a replacement. There is a certain person who keeps on repeating that I've been lazy since young and that's why I need a maid. Honestly, I have no problem doing housework and all the cooking myself. The truth is I need the maid more to look after my children when I am out. Of course, the maid can't have that very easy life, right? I mean, she can't just be looking after children, right? So, as per all other maids, she must do housework lah. This maid of mine has planned to continue her service with me. She didn't tell me personally but via Kak Long. As at today, my husband and I still insist that she will NOT return for a second term. Her housekeeping is not up to my standard and she simply can't get along with Aqil. Unless she makes a 180-degree turn in the way she works and handles kids, she will have to go back for good when her term expires in July 06.

Hari Raya is just 3 days away. My room is still in a mess, I have not completed Aryna's beaded bags, I have not gone to the bank to exchange $$ for kids' ang pow, I have not been doing anything! But I managed to give my living room a new colour. Of course, my maid did 70% of the painting lah. I did the balance. My husband? He's been working without off-day this past 1 week. He hasn't been feeling well since yesterday but he refuses to take MC. That's why the ladies of the house have to do the painting. Overall, this Ramadhan has been a good one for me. Earlier, it seemed that it took so long to reach 1 Syawal. But now, I am just so happy to know that it's just 3 days away. I'm tired of waking up at 4.30am everyday cos I can hardly go back to sleep.

So much more to write after 2 months of not writing but I think I better sign off now. I'll reserve the rest of my diary for the next entry. Time to Zzzzzz.

No comments: