Monday, April 03, 2006

About Reading, About $$, About Akmal, About MAID (who else so muntah-kedarah?)

I've been reading lots of blogs lately. From relatives' to friends' to local celebs'. Found lots of interesting info. Been too hooked on this blog thingy that the Straits Times from last week have all been in my room, by my bed, untouched. Teruk eh?

The whole of last week I was without any sales appointment at all. No appointment, means no deal closed. No closing, means no $$. No $$, means can't go to Levi's sale at Ngee Ann City till 12 Mar. Haha! Just kidding. $$ earned is for survival...How? Someone, please be nice enough to refer me to another someone for purchase of insurance lah. I'm dyinggggg...I can't afford to let go this job, or else, all my clients whom I've had since 1996, will be assigned to my colleagues who are all cina-babi. I mean it. Not to mention the comfortable little $$ that I get every month even if I don't have any new sales.

Enough about work...This afternoon, when I picked Aqil and Akmal from school, I noticed Akmal walking with his female classmate; walking closely and talking with sheepish smiles. That gal is Ayuni, the one who gave him a heart-shaped drawing in the 2nd week of school. When we reached home, he was still smiling. So I asked him what conversation did he have with Ayuni till he got excited. He said "Takde apa-apa lah." Then he flashed me his trademark "kembang" smile. When it was time to do his Maths assessment book, he did lots of careless mistakes, which was very highly-unusual. Hmm...Hope he wasn't thinking of gals. It's really difficult to say cos kids nowadays are different from my time. During my time, all we knew was to play catching, hop-scotch, "jelon" and "yeay-yeay". We never even thought about the opposite gender, let alone to dress up and style our hair. Kids nowadays choose what to wear for family outings, gel up their hair even for school, catch glances whenever cute little gals walk past..And, Aryna, who is only 2 years and almost-2-months old, already knows which make-up is for which part of her face. Jialat! So aeons different from my time. During my time, when my mum told me not to do something, I would just not do it without asking why I could not do it. Today's kids, you tell them the same thing, they will ask back "Why?".. Parenthood has changed. My mum always tells me that all her 12 children were very well-behaved and quiet when we were all very young. Compared to my kids and Kak Ijan's, really vast difference. How?

I'll be sending my maid back in a matter of time. Soon. Akan datang. Please help me pray that I can get a good replacement. By saying good, I mean, no day-dreaming, can function without me having to "press button" all the time, CLEAN, HYGIENIC, responsible towards my kids, no yik-yakking, no gossiping, etc..My present maid can golek-golek in the living room just like Aryna, even when me and hubby at home. How? When Aryna went out with the Daddy to pick Afif from school, just left maid and me alone at home, maid sat in front of me, like 5 steps away from me, playing with her hair and kuku. I don't mind if she wants to relax after all work is done but she can relax in the kitchen or in her room; not in front of me, flipping her hair and twiddling with her kuku..How? After washing up Aryna, she will use Aryna's towel to wipe her face and neck. How? Kena sound already but still like that. Macam bodoh tak faham bahasa orang gitu..How? So people, please pray for my next maid to be a much better one than this.

No comments: