Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weekend Getaway In Singapore






Two weeks ago, Dear was working long hours daily and back-to-back too. Thus, his management gave him a room to stay. Although he got the room since Tuesday, I could not accompany him. I still had to send our kids to school, cook and fetch them from school. So, on Friday, after I finished work and coffee-session with my girlfriends, instead of going home, Iwent to the hotel. Earlier in the day, kiddos and maid were sent to Kak Long's house right after school because every Friday is their free-and-easy day and most of the time, I let them stay overnite at Kak Long's on Friday juz for a nite.

The next day, I woke up at 6.30am. After preparing coffee for Dear and after he left for work, I rot in bed, watching CNN news. Eventually, I dozed off again at about 8.30am. What a doze cos I woke up at almost noon!...Left the hotel at 1pm, fetched kiddos and maid, and by 3pm, Aqil's friends came over to do a class project. While the boys were busy with their project, I was busy packing up to take kiddos to stay overnite at the hotel. By 6pm, we left home to send the maid back to Kak Long's and the minute she stepped out of the car, we sang, joked and shared stories all the way to the hotel. Having a maid in our household compromises our family privacy. That is why whenever we go for holidays, we don't take the maid along. We treasure every second of our quality time spent together; juz the 6 of us.

Back to the weekend getaway...Kiddos were excited the minute we stepped into the hotel lobby. I called Dear to come back to the room for a while to say hello to us. After solat Isyak, I told kiddos that I wanted to take them to Toys'R Us - Forum. It seemed that CicakMan 2 was more interesting than Toys'R Us...For the first time in their lives, all 4 of them told me, "No, Mummy. We juz go to Old Chang Kee to buy some epok-epok and come back to the room, k? Cos CicakMan 2 starts at 8.30pm on Suria."...Hmm, it was indeed peace and quiet between 8.30pm to 10.30pm cos they were engrossed watching CicakMan 2!

Next morning, I took them to the pool for an hour of swimming. We left the hotel at 10.30am to have hotcakes at McDonald's - Forum. Back home, it was back to reality again. Revision, revision and more revision, to prepare for their final-year exams.

2 comments:

Supermumzy said...

hello... Tq for the link to yr blog.. kak t will rajin2 masuk ke sini...heheh
Gdnite...:)

Just Liz said...

welcome...but how to link up mcm kat fb eh, kak t? i ni bukan nye faham sangat dgn benda-benda gini.