Monday, November 26, 2012
Exporting In Progress...
My best friend text me this morning to ask if I have done my Multiply-exporting to Blogger. I am guilty of not checking the status of my export request yet. So, I told him that I haven't done so... Ok, since I decided not to attend my training today and have some free time in hand, I might as well discipline myself to do what I need to do. Both him and me cannot afford to lose our postings juz like that.
And so, I have completed my first round of export already and they are all sitting in Draft. I'm unsure if I want to publish them. Let's see if they are worth publishing for my fans to read (Fans sey... Haha... Perasan!). Didn't know it is so easy and fast to do the export job. Nevertheless, I will still miss Multiply.
Meanwhile, let's talk about what happened in the past week. As it is the school holiday, I am tempted to bring my kids out everyday to soak in the outdoor atmosphere. But as I am now back to life as a working woman, I have to balance out my time between my family, my admin work and also my clients. The most beautiful part about my job is, other than the flexible hours, my clients become my friends and my friends become my clients. Syukur Alhamdulillah for the continued support :-)
Mon, 19 Nov - I spent the whole day with my kids. Nothing beats having all four of them by my side. We went out only in the evening to visit Sha's son who was circumcised on 8 Nov. As we reached Hougang early, I decided to take my kids to Hougang Mall. It was our first time there. The first shop we saw was Smiggle. And needless to say, we were smittened by Smiggle. My kids bought some cute stationery from Smiggle and we adjourned to Watson's to get some toiletries. Aryna saw the Angry Bird section. She asked if she could buy the Angry Bird earpiece (she needs a earpiece, anyway). It was only $4.90, so I made my gal happy by obliging her. I don't usually indulge my kids on instant purchases but Aryna has been a very good gal, very obedient, very helpful, did well in her SA2, so what is there not to love...? :-)... We reached Sha's house at 6pm. We were served mee goreng, fried chicken and snacks. We chatted, our kids played with each other and by 8.45pm, we left to fetch my other half from work.
Tue, 20 Nov - I spent the first half of the day doing paperwork, filing, data-entry, etc. All admin stuff. In the evening, after I have settled my kids down with their dinner and got them to wash up to change to pyjamas, I left for my agency meeting in my office.
Wed, 21 Nov - Had a training session to attend at CFE. Took the public transport cos parking charges would have killed me. During lunch-break, I had the urge to eat at McDonald's. So, I walked to Chinatown Point. Unfortunately, the whole building was under renovation. I decided to walk to The Central to eat at Burker King. Lost in the mall, I text my younger sis and also asked a security officer to show me the directions to BK. While searching for BK, I walked at the riverside of the mall which was heading towards Clarke Quay. MasyaAllah, I was mesmerised by the beauty of the surrounding, especially, the Singapore River. It has been ages since I last went to Clarke Quay. So, after 40 mins of walking from CFE, I finally got to savour my lunch... After class, I went back home to spend some time with my kids and settled their dinner. By 6.45pm, I left home again for a sales appointment at Jurong Point. As I was having my "off" day from solat, I didn't mind the appointment time. My client and I had dinner at Fig n Olive cos it has the least crowd. We ate, we chatted, we talked business and Alhamdulillah, I was asked to prepare a proposal for her. She has actually bought for herself and her whole family in early Oct. But she is buying another one for herself again now.
Thur, 22 Nov - At home the whole day once again with my kids. All of them didn't want to go out. So, we juz stayed at home the whole day, ate what I cooked, snacking on chocolate chip cookies and ginger snaps from M&S, playing PC games, etc. As for me, I drowned myself for a few hours in the evening with paperwork, data-entry and preparing proposals.
Fri, 23 Nov - I cooked fried kway teow for my kids' lunch and the kitchen was clean and shiny by 9.45am. I showered again, sent my other half to work, went to The Central again to have lunch with my manager and then, I was off to Sengkang for a sales appointment. Again, Alhamdulillah for the rezeki... The rain became heavier. Thunder and lightning aplenty. The sky was very overcast. My next appointment was at 6.30pm. Juz as I was about to leave my client's place, my Pre-U girlfriend text me to say that her mum had juz passed away. I replied her and followed up with a phone call to her. Told her that I had to go for another appointment and would be there as soon as I was done. I was at Sengkang. The deceased was at Sembawang. My next appointment was at Simpang Bedok. It made sense to drive to Sembawang from Sengkang as it was directly accessed via TPE/SLE. But I didn't have the heart to cancel my appointment. So, I went to Simpang Bedok first. Spize, to be exact. By 9pm, I was at Sembawang already. Not that I dressed indecently but I was dressed inappropriately for a funeral. A short-sleeved loose blouse with long black pants. No tudung. I stayed with my girlfriend till 11.30pm when her another girlfriend came to keep her company. I told her I would be come again the next day to pay my last respects to her mum. We are close friends since school days. I last saw her mum when I visited them in Syawal this year.
Sat, 24 Nov - I woke up for Subuh. My other half was unwell, so he didn't follow me to Sembawang. After a light breakfast, I left home and reached my girlfriend's place at 8.45am. I stayed by her side throughout the funeral to give moral support. I asked if she wanted me to stay or if it was ok for me to follow to the cemetery. She asked me to follow to the cemetery to see her mum's burial. From the cemetery, I dropped by Sheng Siong kopitiam to buy chicken briyani back for my family.
Sun, 25 Nov - Stay-home Sunday. Pretty relaxing. Cooked Nasi Lemak for my family. A little ironing to do. Other than that, we juz lazed around the house, watching TV, reading books and playing games.
I have had a good week in the company of my loved ones, my clients and my friends. Hope your week had been good too :-)... Getting ready to run my second-round of exporting now. May we all have a blessed week ahead, InsyaAllah (Ok, I am sticking to this spelling. It's the pronunciation and the intention of its utterance that matters. I have sought the views and opinions of some asatizahs in our country and they, too, are not fancied by the new spelling by a foreign clergyman. Wallahu 'a'laam.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment