Wednesday, January 16, 2013
New Year, New Company, New Resolution
Syukur Alhamdulillah, my family and I ended 2012 in good health. Managed to do some physical, mental and spiritual "spring-cleaning", got rid of some rubbish and pray to Allah SWT consistently for His continued guidance.
My family had a short but memorable trip to KL in Dec. KL is treated as a "compulsory" year-end destination by us and my best friend. Nothing much to shop cos the highlight of every KL trip is food :-)... Once back from KL, Aqil had to report for his band practice, my other half was back to work and I was back to office on eve of Xmas and Boxing Day. Had a quiet birthday celebration with my loved ones. What is there to be noisy about, anyway? Turning 39 was a turning point for me cos that means the Big 4 was juz few days ahead in terms of calendar year.
After so much food-hopping and year-end outings, I could not procrastinate anymore with the book-wrapping for my kids. So, on 1 Jan 2013, the wrappings begun in the morning. That was how I ushered in 2013. On top of that, I got an unexpected text message from an old friend. Truly unexpected.
I'm thankful for the opportunity given by Him to re-embark on my journey as an insurance agent. I'm now working under a great director and have a fantastic team of colleagues. In a few days' time, I'll be in Bangkok with them for a Life Planners' meeting cum Agency Team-Bonding. My extension of stay will be juz for a nite but I hope I can food-hop as much as I can, go for that 3-hour spa and massage at the same spa which I've been since 2008 and shop for my family.
So, Bangkok, here I come! Can't wait to visit Usman Restaurant again to have an authentic Thai-Halal meal :-)
To Wilym, we may not be of the same religion, but I will keep you in my prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment