
Sunday...My girlfriend, Malis, invited Jah, Ami and me to the wedding of her niece at Pandan Gardens. Dear was working and the kids wanted to stay at home to complete their "mission" (read: games) on PS2, Facebook, Y3, Y8, etc. Therefore, I asked Ami to come over to my place first to "drop off" her son so that he could play with my kids and we could go to the wedding with juz her gal and her maid. Irwin was so excited to see his friends and was okay with the fact that his Ebu was leaving him for a few hours.
Upon reaching the wedding venue, we ate, we took pictures; we really had a good time. It hasn't been easy for the 4 of us to meet up due to our conflicting schedule. It's either juz 2 or 3 of us, seldom 4...After the wedding, on the way back, Ami and I went to Sheng Siong near my place. She bought the ingredients for donuts and came over to my place to learn hands-on from me together with her maid.
Monday...Left home at 9am to go to office for an urgent submission of a closed deal and to follow-up on some memos. Left office at 10.30am to go to the airport to send Mala and Kak Khayati off to Makkah. I met Mala first. It was a very emotional moment. I salute her and her husband for their strength in leaving their 2 young kids to perform Haj. I asked her to remember me in her prayers. I, too, wanna touch my feet on the Holy Land, even if it's juz for an Umrah. When Dear said he's ready to do Umrah, we have actually planned to go in Apr 2010 but now it seems that it has to be postponed because he registered for a course and the course will run from Jan 2010 to May 2010. Let's see if Apr 2011 is a possibility, InsyaAllah.
After spending 30 minutes with Mala, I walked over to Row 9 to see Kak Khayati. She's my client as well as a family friend. A divorcee who raised 2 children as a single-parent, the kids are finally grown-up now and can fend for themselves while their mum is away...After all the hugs and the tears, I walked back slowly towards Row 3, where the escalator to my car was. I bumped into Uncle Sidek Saniff. He called my name but I was on the phone. We juz exchanged "Apa khabar?" and I continued with the phone cos he had bumped into another friend. It was nice of him to still remember me although we last met so many years ago at his sons' wedding. I didn't even have the chance to ask about his wife and his eldest son, whom I'm acquainted to...And somehow, I dreamt of Izan this morning...That's the problem with me. Whenever I dream of somebody, I know I miss that person. It's good of Allah to let me see some long-lost friends again, even if it's juz in my dreams.
Well, after the trip to airport, I was back to my office to continue with my paperwork till 4.30pm and then met Ami for de-stressing and dinner...Work shall take centrestage till 30 Nov 09. I already have a melahap appointment on 30 Nov itself. Yippeee!
No comments:
Post a Comment