Tuesday, November 23, 2010

From Food To Shampoo, From Kindness To Evil

So, we spent Hari Raya Aidil Adha at home. I wasn't feeling too well and we didn't go to Azman's house for his jemputan makan-makan. Nevertheless, food was still aplenty at home for us to stuff ourselves with.

Last Friday, 19 Nov 2010, I attended the Speech and Prize-giving Day of my sons' school. Saw Aqil performing on stage. Afif was with me, Akmal had to do Prefect's duty and Aryna was at her class farewell party. After the event, we went to Swensen's Jurong Pt for lunch. Aqil didn't come along cos he wanted to be with his friends. With Dear's permission, I let him be free for the day to enjoy and have fun with his friends. After all, it was their last day together as Pri 6 students.

Over the weekend, 20 & 21 Nov 2010, we didn't go anywhere cos the boys were having Madrasah exams. Dear didn't have class and so, he decided to cook beef lasagna for tea-time cum dinner. Delicious to me but among all our 4 kids, only Afif ate it. The rest didn't like cos they have been so used to Daddy's creamy pasta...Aryna had mild fever and flu again. We brought her to a clinic at Jurong Pt on Saturday morning after sending Afif to madrasah. After the consultation, we decided to try out the $1.50 chicken rice at Boon Lay MRT station. We bought 3 packets of chicken rice and 3 packets of Nasi Lemak which cost $2 each. Needless to say, the taste was Ooomph! Kids loved both so much that they requested to have the same thing again on Sunday for lunch...That same Saturday, my younger sis came to visit with her son. She bought for me a scalp-care shampoo. $19. Expensive to me but she highly-recommended me to try, to ease my itchy scalp and slow down the sprouting of my white hair. I've used it for 3 days now. I love the smell but I haven't really seen any positive effect on my scalp yet.

Yesterday, 22 Nov 2010, was Aryna's Pri 1 Orientation. Originally, my 3 sons planned to tag along. But Aqil's friends wanted to go for a swim. Together with Adon, they left home at 9am. Kak Ijan and husband brought Afif along to the pool after she was done with her cooking and packing food for the kids. Akmal decided to stay at home cos he said he was tired. At 11am, I fetched him and Kak Long and we went to Swensen's Jurong Pt for lunch. Kak Ilah was on leave and she joined us too...At 3.30pm, I left home to meet a client at Northpoint. Well, as sms-ed last week, 3 Mengongs were supposed to meet yesterday after my sales appointment. Somehow, Jah went to KL on Saturday and didn't even text to say that Monday's meet-up was off. I had to find out about it via FB feed, when she updated her status on Saturday morning...Ami had her off-day but had to go back to her workplace to pick up her charger and when she got there, she got stuck with some work. She didn't text me to say that she could not make it by 6pm. I had to find out about it only when I called her after I finished with my client. Told her that I could not wait up for her then. Since Dear had finished work, I might as well meet him somewhere and spend time with him...I don't know what to say. Am I so insignificant to my friends now, that a simple sms to indicate cancellation, lateness, etc., is hard to send?

Ok, enough of ranting. My laundry in the machine should be done soon and I've gotta fetch my kids from mengaji. Later, I have to do paperwork for submission before end this month. Alhamdulillah, I still close deals here and there. They may be small premiums but the support, trust, confidence and friendship that these clients give to me are gems that matters most to me.

PS:- Dear always says that I am too nice and kind to people. I told him that I don't even know that I am that nice and kind. So, probably it's time to learn how to be evil? Can I? Should I? Will I?

No comments: