Sunday, November 07, 2010

My Life Is Like A Juggler

I am so looking forward to my family's "compulsory vacation". However, it still seems so far away. So, while waiting for the day to come, I shall juz continue to go about my usual routine.

It has been more than a week since I last posted anything here. First of all, my elderly neighbour passed away on 29 Oct 2010. I know I will miss this Apek cos we always bumped into each other in the mornings, afternoons and evenings. We would always have something to talk about. He was a very nice and friendly man. What I understood from his children, he took his last breath very easily. His funeral was held on 2 Nov 2010. Dear and I were supposed to leave home at 10.30am cos he started work at 12 noon. As I looked out of the window, I saw the funeral band taking position and I hurried Dear to get out of the house immediately, or else, we would get stuck and couldn't drive off! Thank God, we were in time. If we had been one minute late, juz one minute, and I would have no choice but to tell Dear to juz go to Pioneer MRT station by bus.

That same Tuesday, after fetching Aryna from school, we went to Jurong Pt for lunch. The Friday before that, Akaq fetched Aryna and brought her to Jurong Pt to meet me for lunch cos I was from office and could not finish my work in time to fetch my princess. Aryna loves to eat at Pizza Hut. The set lunch for students costs $6.90++. Aryna would usually order Beef Pepperoni pan pizza and it comes with a bowl of soup and free-flow Pepsi. It makes economic sense for us to eat there cos she eats only 2 slices of pizza and I would eat the other 2. That's enough for us...Total spent > $8.12 for the 2 of us.


Aryna with Elmo. Presented to her by Kakak Balloon at Pizza Hut.

For this month of November, Dear is posted to Changi. On 1 Nov 2010, I had planned to go out with Khadijah and her brother to celebrate his belated birthday. But something happened at home and I didn't meet them. That same nite, Dear finished work at 12.30am. I didn't want him to take a cab back, although the taxi fare is reimburseable cos that would mean spending almost $50 and not getting it back till end Dec. So, I fetched him and we went to Usman for supper. He had 2 plain Naans, while I had 1 butter Naan. We juz ordered one dish, Palak Paneer, cos we didn't want to eat heavily as it was already past 1am. Delicious!

On 5 Nov 2010, Deepavali, we woke up to Kak Long's home-made pancakes for breakfast.


Hotcakes at McMami.


After Maghrib, our family joined Mak Chom's family for a BBQ at East Coast. Aqil stayed overnite. I wanted him to enjoy his post-PSLE days before life gets heavy once he starts his Sec 1 life.

On 6 Nov, I went to The Chevron for my agency's annual bowling tournament. It started at 10am and with lunch, it ended at almost 3pm. Half of my day was gone juz like that. Dear cooked creamy pasta for lunch. Again, delicious!...In the evening, we went to McD at Gek Poh. After eating their burgers, the kids went to play at the mini-playground as they would always do. They've been playing there for years without any problem. But yesterday, a Chinese man in red told them off. He told them that the playground was meant for toddlers aged 3 and below. Well, his son was at the playground with his wife. Then again, I thought he was being inflexible and rigid. When my kids came to me and told me about this man, I actually went up to him and asked if he had any BIG PROBLEM with my kids. He pointed out to me a sign that showed the playground was for 3 year-olds and below. Point taken...But, still, I wasn't happy. My kids and other kids have been playing there since so many years ago and they have never been rowdy, and yet, this man was trying to exercise the "rule on sticker" on my kids. Damn!


The sticker I saw on McD's slide.

PS:- Doing laundry is getting too monotonous for me. But if I don't do it, who will? Apart from the routine laundry for my family of 6, I now have to clean the house too. Cos Akmal is sensitive to dust and I myself don't like to walk on sandy and sticky floor and I also hate dirty sinks, stove and cabinet top. As such, I bought KAO Magiclean dry and wet wipes...For my convenience...I can't wait to have my own house again.

No comments: