When I go to bed, I would switch my handphone to total-silent mode. No vibrations at all. Once I switch it to that mode, I will hardly look at my phone again till I wake up the next day. Somehow, last nite, juz before I closed my eyes to sleep, I felt the sudden urge to check my phone...I saw an sms.
My girlfriend's mum had juz passed away. She sent me the sms at 2250hrs to inform. I was shocked because the last time she spoke about her mum to me was juz a few weeks ago. Her mum wasn't sick, except for the fact that she had high-blood pressure, which was within control...I replied her and asked for the address and told her that I would visit her after sending the kids to school.
Dear accompanied me to Blk 933 Jurong West St 91, where the body was resting. The block is juz next to Aryna's kindergarten. When my girlfriend saw me, she hugged me and cried uncontrollably. I could feel her sadness cos her mum's death truly came as a shock to her. Arwahnya was still healthy, talking and joking hours before she passed away. What happened was she became breathless. The elder daughter called for an ambulance, told her to lie down on her bed while waiting for the paramedics to arrive. While lying down, she took one deep breath and went to sleep; or so they thought. Cos she looked like indeed she was sleeping. When the paramedics arrived, they checked her pulse, did what they could to jolt her but Allah loves her more.
Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rojiuun...Al-Fateha buat Allahyarhamah Naharah Bte Abdullah. Semoga Allah menempatkan rohnya bersama-sama roh-roh mereka yang beriman. Amin.
Life is short. Life is unpredictable...But while you live, live it to the fullest duniawi dan ukhrawi cos life has to go on no matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment