I've been maid-less since 26 Apr 2010. The maid whom I sent back to the agency on that date was with me for less than two months. Subsequently, the next maid that I chose from the same agency, MIA from the training centre in Java. It was then that I decided that I would not want to have a maid; at least for now.
So, three days ago, an elderly ex-neighbour passed away. My sisters went to visit yesterday. The family has a maid to help take care of arwahnya when she was sick since the past eight months. Now that she had passed away, the family wants to return the maid back to the agency cos they don't need her. Kak Long asked me if I would like to take over. The maid is Indonesian, 38 years old, married with an 18-year-old son and had worked in Singapore before. Her current employer speaks all the good things about her; like she's hardworking, she's pious, she's very good, etc. For one moment, I was seriously thinking of employing her. But after discussing with Dear, I decided to abandon all thoughts of employing a maid at the moment.
I'm tired. Very tired from all the necessary household chores, the tutoring, the sending and fetching, etc. I believe I wouldn't feel that tired if I am a full-time housewife. The fact that I am still working (although at my own time, own target) tires me out easily; with all the never-ending e-mails, follow-ups, paperwork, courses, exams, etc.
There is a sister whom I have known since the early 1990s during my Goodwood Park days. We became close since 1999, when we happened to engage the same gynae. She's such a humble lady, always makes me see that although life can be sucky at times, there are others out there who lead a suckier life than me. She's in her mid-40s, has gone through, and is still going through, rough patches in life but she's always smiling...She joined Aryna and me for a rushed lunch at Swensen's yesterday cos the little princess wanted to go to Jurong Point for lunch before fetching her brothers. I spoke to her of my housing dilemma and she walked me through and brought me out of my dilemma-state-of-mind to a more positive outcome.
It's nice to have friends who truly understand what we are going through, simply because they have gone through a lot more in life than us. Every human being makes mistakes. I am no exception too. But mistakes make us learn and eventually, cause us to emerge out as someone who is stronger than before, InsyaAllah.
No comments:
Post a Comment